- Food Packaging
- Takeaway Containers & Trays
- Salad Boxes
- Sandwich Packaging
- Portion & Deli Pots
- Disposable Soup Containers & Lids
- Cake Boxes & Accessories
- Plastic Containers With Lids
- Foil Containers, Trays & Lids
- Food Bags, Wraps & Sheets
- Pizza Boxes
- Children's Party Boxes
- Food Bags
- Bakery Supplies
- Cupcake Boxes
- Paper Cups
- 100% Recyclable Cups
- Kraft Ripple Cups
- Compostable Cups
- Enjoy Bubble Cups
- Black Double-Walled Cups
- White Double-Walled Cups
- Black Ripple Cups
- White Ripple Cups
- Single Walled Cups
- Enjoy Ripple Cups
- Envirobee® Paper Cups - Recyclable & Commercially Compostable & Biodegradable
- Paper Cup Lids
- 12oz Coffee Cups with Lids
- 8oz Coffee Cups with Lids
- 16oz Coffee Cups with Lids
- White Paper Cups
- Black Paper Cups
- Brown Kraft Paper Cups
- Disposable Plastic Cups
- Vending Cups
- Non-Vending & Water Cups
- Cup Sleeves & Holders
- Christmas Cups
- Empty PET Bottles
- Paper Cups
- Disposable Plates & Bowls
- Compostable Packaging
- Paper Napkins
- Browse Paper Napkin by Colour
- Browse by Paper Napkin Type
- Browse by Paper Napkin Size
- Browse by Paper Napkin Quality
- Banquet Rolls
- Table Covers
- Doyleys, Placemats & Coasters
- Paper Napkins
- Catering Disposables
- Cleaning & Hygiene
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Paper Hygiene
- Waste Management
- Cloths, Wipes & Scourers
- Mops & Brooms
- Hygiene Wear & PPE
- First Aid
- Covid-19 Supplies
Items 1-12 of 14
- In stock250x350mm Freshly Green Printed Greaseproof SheetsPack QTY: 1000SKU: CQ025£25.19 £20.99
- In stock250x350mm Tempting Design Printed Greaseproof SheetsPack QTY: 1000SKU: CQ024£25.19 £20.99
- In stock250x350mm Gourmet Grill Design Printed Greaseproof SheetsPack QTY: 1000SKU: CQ023£25.19 £20.99
- In stockBlue Gingham Greaseproof Sheets 25x20cmPack QTY: 1000SKU: CQ026£22.50 £18.75
- In stock20x30" 10Kg White NewsPack QTY: 1SKU: CV010£19.48 £16.23
- In stock25x20cm Greaseproof Paper Gingham Print RedPack QTY: 1000SKU: EC-PN1487GR£22.50 £18.75
- In stock175 x 225mm Bleached Greaseproof Paper SheetsPack QTY: 4000SKU: CQ011£19.33 £16.11
- In stock18 x 28" Imitation Greaseproof Sheet DrydonPack QTY: 480SKU: CQ003£17.81 £14.84
- In stock9 x 14" Imitation Greaseproof Paper SheetsPack QTY: 1920SKU: CQ014£20.75 £17.29
- In stock250x350mm Greaseproof Paper Sheets BrownPack QTY: 1000SKU: ECPN0829L£22.50 £18.75
- In stockGreaseproof Paper White 25 x 20cmPack QTY: 1000SKU: GEPN1487S£33.60 £28.00
- In stockGreaseproof Paper Black Gingham Print 35 X 25CmPack QTY: 1000SKU: GEPN1487LGBK£51.58 £42.98
A staple in food packaging, it’s non-stick and oil resistant properties make this piece of bakeware one of the most popular food accessories. From lining cake tins, to wrapping foods such as cheese or hot foods like burgers, this dynamic piece of food packaging is a must for most catering kitchens. If you’re after greaseproof paper, Catering24 offers various options for you and your business. Visit our website to view our full range and further product information including eco-properties, size and colour.
What is greaseproof paper and how is it made?
Greaseproof paper is a form of baking paper that has gone through an extra process of adding a layer of chemical coating usually from silicone, starch, alginates or carboxymethyl cellulose better known as CMC to repell grease such as cooking oils and fats like butter. Greaseproof paper is made by beating paper pulp fibres so that the fibre becomes less porous and more liquid resistant, it is known to get the paper to a 40-60gsm thickness, and along with the chemical spray, this makes the paper grease resistant.
At Catering24, we have a range of sizes to suit your needs, with non-stick baking paper that comes in it’s own cardboard dispenser and sharp metal cutter, perfect for creating baking sheets to suit the size of trays as needed. If your business uses more baking paper in its’ day to day running then perhaps your best option would be to invest in a wrapmaster dispenser, a hygenic, space saving two in one device, compatible with baking paper, cling film and aluminium foil and available in two sizes, 12 inch and 18 inch. A short reminder that that only wrapmaster baking paper, cling film and foil is compatible with the dispenser, these can be found on our website.
Is greaseproof paper the same as parchment paper?
The short answer to this would be yes! They are both greaseproof and you are able to put both of them in the freezer and oven. You may find that parchment paper also known as baking paper, but it is also coated with a non-stick formula that stops the food sticking, which is also the same as greaseproof paper.
Greaseproof paper can be sold on rolls or in sheets, depending on how it is used. Greaseproof paper is great for wrapping greasy foods such as burgers and come in many sizes of greaseproof paper sheets also known as burger wraps which can be printed in many styles. Our most popular burger wrap our the twist burger wraps made in a couple of sizes and bright designs such as printed text or gingham. Other options for food wrapping methods are to use wax paper which can be more expensive than other options available in the united kingdom.
Is greaseproof paper the same as wax paper?
It has similar properties to wax paper. Wax paper has a non-stick formula the same as greaseproof paper, but instead of using chemicals it uses a more natural resource in the form of melted wax. However, the main difference between the two types of paper is that wax paper cannot be put in the oven as the wax has a lower melting temperature than that of the chemicals used on greaseproof paper and is said to create smoke and taint the taste of foods being cooked in the oven. Wax paper also cannot be recycled due to its coating. One way to look at the differences is that the difference in what each paper is good at keeping at its best. Wax paper or Greaseproof sheets are great for keeping cheese , fresh pastries and deli meats such as ham. Parchment paper is great for keeping foods such as warm baked goods and pastries and greasy foods such as cookies and burgers.
How to make a piping bag out of baking paper?
A piping bag, or pastry bag is a conical-shaped bag with a hole at the end, commonly made with baking parchment or pre-made plastic piping bags. We stock catering safe blue piping bags on our website. However, if you wish to make these paper piping bags yourself, it’s pretty easy to do so. Ideal to be used with icing, frosting or sauce and used to decorate bakes with writing or a special pattern by twisting and squeezing down on the bag.
Here’s a quick guide to forming a piping bag out of baking paper.
1. Take a corner of the parchment paper on the roll and fold up to meet the edge of the top to make the shape.
Mark the line and cut along the side to make a triangle.
Taking the long edges and bending to meeting a point, gather and fold the edges down or staple to secure.
You will find that the folding of the sides creates a pointed cone shape.
Fill the newly formed piping bag with icing and snip the end a little bit at a time until you get the size nozzle hole that you need.
Is greaseproof paper recyclable?
Depending on the type of greaseproof paper we look at here, the brown , kraft unbleached paper makes it compostable and eco-friendly, the white paper however has gone through an extra process which contains bleaching chemicals that do not aid in the biograding process.
Can greaseproof paper be put in the oven?
Yes, greaseproof paper can be put in the oven so there’s no need to worry when using this greaseproof paper as liners, ideal for lining cake tins and can resist temperatures up until 450 farenheit (a whole 200 degrees more than wax paper).
If it’s not greaseproof paper you’re after, and you’re looking for other high quality bakeware accessories such as cling film, deli sheets or other food wrapping packaging or food storage, why not checkout our website at catering24.co.uk or if you’re after some advice, you can give our friendly customer services team a call 0115 9444434. We accept orders until 7pm for next day delivery and offer free delivery on orders over £100 ex vat.