Leakproof Takeaway Food Containers
What are Leakproof Takeaway Food Containers?
They are cardboard food containers made in the UK that are leakproof & suitable for hot and cold food. The brown takeaway boxes are compostable food containers and the white cardboard takeaway boxes are recyclable only. These are one of the most versatile ranges of hot food packaging.
The brown food containers are often described as leakproof cardboard boxes due to their innovative construction and lining. They are able to hold oily foods as well as foods with sauces such as gravy without the box leaking, we have even tested them by pouring water in!
Our products are leakproof and grease resistant, microwaveable, stackable, and easy to use. Food containers will easily hold hot, cold, wet, or dry foods. Most importantly, they will keep food fresh for your customers.
Want to see alternatives? Check out our full range of takeaway containers.
Are they really leakproof?
Yes, but for a period of time. These are made from cardboard and have a lining which repels liquid. They are perfect for serving food, taking it away or having delivered and then eaten. They are not designed for food storage to sit and be stored for long lengths of time.
When we describe them as leak proof cardboard boxes, we are only describing the base of the street food containers. The integrated lid does not provide a seal that will stop liquid or sauces from spilling out the top of the food boxes are tipped on their side or upside down.
What sizes are most popular?
Without a doubt, the most popular is the no 8 food box which is 46oz in volume or 1300ml. The no.8 container size is a perfect meal portion. A complimentary size to the no 8 is the no 1 food box which is 26oz or 740ml which makes it a great size for a side portion of food or dessert.
|SKU / Product Code||C00093|
Order by 9pm next day delivery
for items with leadtime 'Next Working Day'
When will I get my delivery?
Each product has a delivery leadtime shown on product page and your shopping basket.
We will deliver your products according to the leadtime.
Yes, if you order items that are 'Next Working Day' before 9pm we will dispatch them the same day on a next-day service. This is Monday to Friday, unless Satuday is selected in checkout.
How much is delivery?
It's Free for orders over £100 ex vat for UK Mainland.
We don't charge you for next day delivery service. We only charge you a shipping fee if your order is below £100 ex vat.
Areas of Scotland & Island have additional lead time and cost, see checkout.
How will you deliver?
We will deliver to you by our own delivery van or via our partner DPD.
We are committed to helping you in the best possible way. You can ask directly for details or look for answers in the frequently asked questions.
Last updated July 01, 2023
Thank you for your pruchase. We hope you are happy with your purchase . However, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to us for a full refund only. Please see below for more information on our return policy.
All returns must be postmarked within seven (7) days of the purchase date. All returned items must be in new and unused condition, with all original tags and labels attached.
To return an item, please email customer service at [email protected] to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number. After receiving a RMA number, place the item securely in its original packaging and the returns form provided, then mail your return to the following address:
Please note, you will be responsible for all return shipping charges. We strongly recommend that you use a trackable method to mail your return.
After receiving your return and inspecting the condition of your item, we will process your return. Please allow at least seven (7) days from the receipt of your item to process your return. Refunds may take 1-2 billing cycles to appear on your credit card statement, depending on your credit card company.
The following items cannot be returned:
- Personal hygiene products
- Chef knives
- Bespoke products made for the customer including print
- Special order products with leadtimes showing 2-3 workings days or longer
- Outer packaging or delivery material and wooden pallets used to deliver goods
- Festive themed products eg. crackers, christmas cups, christmas napkins and tableware
For defective or damaged products, please contact us at the contact details below to arrange a refund or exchange.
- A 30% restocking fee will be charged for all returns.
- Sale items are FINAL SALE and connot be returned.
- Collection service is available at a cost of £12.50 ex vat up to 5 boxes, then 32.50 ex vat per box after for UK Mainland. Please speak to customer servuce for a quote for Highlands, Islands and remote areas.
- Goods that are missing or incorrect from delivery must be reported to Catering24 in writing within 7 days from purchase. When the items are received into our warehouse they will be checked whether they are incorrect. Once approved you will then be refunded for the collection fee and incorrect product only if in a resalable condition. If not in a resalable condition you will be charged for the incorrect product. If approved that the product that was sent was incorrect we will then send out the correct product.
- Goods that are damaged due to delivery must be reported to Catering24 within 24 hours with a photo of the damaged product and packaging. Once you have processed the return through the procedure above it will be collected and returned to our warehouse, when the items are received into our warehouse they will be checked for damage. Once aprroved you will then be refunded for the collection fee and sent a replacement.
- Faulty items sent back to us will undergo a manufacture inspection. It may also be necessary to send the item away to the manufacturer to confirm the fault. Once we have received your items back we will inform you how we need to proceed. Please note: items over 14 days old will not be able to be replaced or refunded.
- Certain goods cannot be returned for hygiene purposes.
- Any original delivery charge paid for goods returned will not be part of any refund.
If you have any questions concerning our returns policy, please contact us at:
Are they eco friendly food takeaway packaging?
Yes. This is an important consideration when choosing a street food box as consumers care about eco-friendly packaging. For starters, these boxes are made in the UK reducing carbon footprint compared to imported products.
The brown disposable food containers are compostable and biodegradable and the white takeaway boxes are only recyclable. We have included them on the same product page as they share the same manufacture, construction and sizing.
The biodegradable food boxes are the most popular brown catering boxes in the range.
The white takeaway food containers are PE lined and are only recyclable through specific recycling facilities in the UK.
What colours are the cardboard food boxes available in?
We have brown food boxes and white food boxes available to buy in varying sizes. The most popular colour is brown kraft food containers which are compostable.
Are the food boxes with lids?
Yes! The lids are integrated into the takeaway box design. They have a flap on each side of the box which folds shut and a folding lock hook clasp to secure them. The lid helps protect the food and gives a level of heat retention, however, the disposable box for food does not have a leakproof lid and doesn't provide an airtight seal.
What food can you put in leak proof food carton?
Fast food, oily food, chicken curry, cold food, salads, rice to name a few but truly there is very little types of food you can't put in these kraft food deli boxes.
We would not recommend the containers for liquid only serving such as sauce portions or soup servings, these are not suitable paper food boxes for that.
Do you stock takeaway food containers and when can I have them delivered?
We are one of the largest online suppliers of brown takeaway boxes in the UK and we deliver to England, Scotland & Wales. We deliver 6 days a week Monday to Saturday and if you order by 7 pm we will dispatch same day for next-day delivery.
How can I buy leak-proof cartons?
Easy! You can order online and you don't need a Kitchen Club account either. If you wish you can checkout as a guest although the best prices are for those customers that create an account with us and you will automatically be given lower prices than our standard trade prices.
We accept all major debit and credit cards, including Visa, Maestro and American Express. We also offer PayPal payments.