Foil Trays and Lids
What are foil trays with lids?
The disposable foil tray is made from aluminium tin foil and comes in varying sizes to suit takeaway or delivered food and for use in food preparation or even foil baking trays.
Most tin foil trays have a ready-to-crimp edge for placing a cardboard lid on top of the trays and then crimping the edge by hand to create a secure-fitting lid. The only tray that does not have a lid available for it is the tray bake.
The takeaway trays are food-safe, freezer safe and suitable for use in the oven at high heat without the lid as well as in a warmer with the lid at low heat or under a heat lamp. You can use the aluminium trays with both hot and cold food or even raw ingredients to then be cooked in the catering foil trays during batch cooking or for use at outside catering events.
Are takeaway foil trays suitable for microwaves?
No. If you require a food tray that is microwavable please take a look at our plastic containers with lids marked as microwavable.
Are takeaway foil trays recyclable?
Yes! The foil trays are 100% recyclable and can be recycled many times over. To ensure optimum levels of recycling we recommend that end users rinse out the trays before disposing of them in the recycling bin.
Do your trays come with lids?
No, lids are sold separately. Under 'Compatible Products' you will see the relevant lid suitable to the size you have selected making it super easy! The lids are produced to fit with our containers making them a perfectly secure fit.
We do not recommend using a different supplier of lids to bases, so wherever you buy your foil trays from please make sure you buy the lids and trays from the same supplier to ensure safe fitment.
Please note, there is no lid available for the foil baking tray as this product is designed purely for baking and use in the kitchen although we do know of some customers that if they use them for transport will wrap some catering foil over the top which you can buy here: catering foil.
|SKU / Product Code||C00027|
Order by 9pm next day delivery
for items with leadtime 'Next Working Day'
When will I get my delivery?
Each product has a delivery leadtime shown on product page and your shopping basket.
We will deliver your products according to the leadtime.
Yes, if you order items that are 'Next Working Day' before 9pm we will dispatch them the same day on a next-day service. This is Monday to Friday, unless Satuday is selected in checkout.
How much is delivery?
It's Free for orders over £100 ex vat for UK Mainland.
We don't charge you for next day delivery service. We only charge you a shipping fee if your order is below £100 ex vat.
Areas of Scotland & Island have additional lead time and cost, see checkout.
How will you deliver?
We will deliver to you by our own delivery van or via our partner DPD.
We are committed to helping you in the best possible way. You can ask directly for details or look for answers in the frequently asked questions.
Last updated July 01, 2023
Thank you for your pruchase. We hope you are happy with your purchase . However, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you may return it to us for a full refund only. Please see below for more information on our return policy.
All returns must be postmarked within seven (7) days of the purchase date. All returned items must be in new and unused condition, with all original tags and labels attached.
To return an item, please email customer service at [email protected] to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number. After receiving a RMA number, place the item securely in its original packaging and the returns form provided, then mail your return to the following address:
Please note, you will be responsible for all return shipping charges. We strongly recommend that you use a trackable method to mail your return.
After receiving your return and inspecting the condition of your item, we will process your return. Please allow at least seven (7) days from the receipt of your item to process your return. Refunds may take 1-2 billing cycles to appear on your credit card statement, depending on your credit card company.
The following items cannot be returned:
- Personal hygiene products
- Chef knives
- Bespoke products made for the customer including print
- Special order products with leadtimes showing 2-3 workings days or longer
- Outer packaging or delivery material and wooden pallets used to deliver goods
- Festive themed products eg. crackers, christmas cups, christmas napkins and tableware
For defective or damaged products, please contact us at the contact details below to arrange a refund or exchange.
- A 30% restocking fee will be charged for all returns.
- Sale items are FINAL SALE and connot be returned.
- Collection service is available at a cost of £12.50 ex vat up to 5 boxes, then 32.50 ex vat per box after for UK Mainland. Please speak to customer servuce for a quote for Highlands, Islands and remote areas.
- Goods that are missing or incorrect from delivery must be reported to Catering24 in writing within 7 days from purchase. When the items are received into our warehouse they will be checked whether they are incorrect. Once approved you will then be refunded for the collection fee and incorrect product only if in a resalable condition. If not in a resalable condition you will be charged for the incorrect product. If approved that the product that was sent was incorrect we will then send out the correct product.
- Goods that are damaged due to delivery must be reported to Catering24 within 24 hours with a photo of the damaged product and packaging. Once you have processed the return through the procedure above it will be collected and returned to our warehouse, when the items are received into our warehouse they will be checked for damage. Once aprroved you will then be refunded for the collection fee and sent a replacement.
- Faulty items sent back to us will undergo a manufacture inspection. It may also be necessary to send the item away to the manufacturer to confirm the fault. Once we have received your items back we will inform you how we need to proceed. Please note: items over 14 days old will not be able to be replaced or refunded.
- Certain goods cannot be returned for hygiene purposes.
- Any original delivery charge paid for goods returned will not be part of any refund.
If you have any questions concerning our returns policy, please contact us at:
Are the foil trays leakproof?
Yes. The trays are leakproof when discussing the base and are suitable for liquid and sauces. The lids give an excellent seal that limits leaks through the top of the trays however they are not air-tight seals and if the containers are vigorously shaken or tipped on the side or upside down they will leak.
What shapes and sizes do you sell?
We have rectangular foil trays, round foil trays and square foil trays in varying capacities. Takeaway & delivered meals will mostly use rectangular no 6a foil containers and no 12 foil containers if you looking for a round container with similar capacity.
Large foil trays with lids such as the 9x9 foil trays are perfect for batch cooking and the deep trays were very popular for delivering meals and Sunday lunches during the covid pandemic. Many of our customers that introduced takeaway and delivered food during the pandemic have continued to thrive by keeping this revenue channel open as well as the dine-in even today.
Where to buy foil trays?
Look no further, Catering24.co.uk sells all types of quality foil trays wholesale. We are one of the largest suppliers of aluminium foil trays in the UK and offer very competitive pricing.
You can order online with or without a Kitchen Club account. If you wish you can checkout as a guest although the best prices are for those customers who create an account with us and you will automatically be given lower prices than our standard trade prices.
We accept all major debit and credit cards, including Visa, Maestro and American Express as well as PayPal payments.
6a foil container
Understanding No. 6A Aluminium Foil Containers
The No. 6A aluminium foil container is a culinary favourite, prized for its versatility. Made from thick aluminium foil, these containers are food-safe and ideal for dishes ranging from Chinese takeouts to curries. They are especially popular in the food manufacturing and catering sectors.
Among various foil container sizes, the No. 6A stands out, often accompanied by lids to keep food fresh. While these aluminium boxes are perfect for storing food and can be used in conventional ovens, they're not microwave-friendly.
For those keen on precise sizes, a foil tray size chart is handy. When it comes to takeaways, the durability and heat-retaining qualities of these aluminium containers make them a top choice.
In short, the No. 6A aluminium foil container offers a perfect blend of functionality and convenience for all your food storage needs.